Mizoram‘s Covid-19 curve continues to show a downward trend, with 53 people testing positive in the last 24 hours—8 less than the previous day—taking the state’s tally to 2,26,015, a health department official said on Saturday.
The state reported 61 cases and 2 deaths on Friday, the official said.
The death toll remains at 691 and no fatality was reported in the last 24 hours, he said.
At least 125 people have recovered from the infection on Friday raising the total recoveries to 2,24,755, he said.
The fresh cases detected from 138 sample tests put the single day positivity rate at 38.41 per cent, he said. The single-day positive rate on the previous day was 9.67 per cent.
The state now has 569 active cases.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients stood at 99.44 per cent and the death rate was 0.30 per cent.
The state has so far tested more than 19.09 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 138 samples on Friday.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalmuanawma Jongte, over 8.40 lakh people have been inoculated till Thursday and 6.74 lakh of them have received the full dose.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture