Aizawl: In a major drug haul, special narcotics (CID Crime) team of Mizoram police seized 1 lakh tablets of methamphetamine worth Rs. 30 crore in Aizawl on Monday, police said.
Acting on specific input, the team raided Zohnuai area at Vaivakawn neighbourhood in Aizawl on Monday night and recovered the contraband from the possession of a woman peddler identified as Tuanremi (46), a resident of Farkawn village in Champhai district bordering Myanmar, the police said.
The seized drug was worth Rs 30 crore in the international market, they said.
Further investigation into the case is in progress, they added.
During last week, the state police have also seized at least 52 grams of heroin worth over Rs. 26 lakh in the international market and 5 kilograms of Ganja (cannabis) worth Rs. 3.5 lakh.
At least 5 persons, including a Myanmar national were arrested in connection with the seizures.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Quarterfinal schedule Friday, December 9
- Documentary on K-pop group NCT Dream to release in India
- LPG connections up to 32.5 crore, says Union minister Puri
- India concerned over deterioration of global food security by Ukraine war
- States share success stories at ‘Aapda Mitra’ scheme workshop in Guwahati
- Gujarat win has sounded bugle for BJP’s success in 2024 poll: Assam CM