Aizawl: Mizoram reported 839 fresh COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, taking the state’s tally to 2,18,673, a health department official said.
The COVID-19 death toll rose to 665 as one more person from Aizawl succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, the official said.
The single-day positivity rate increased to 18.72 per cent from 17.70 per cent the previous day, he said.
The northeastern state had reported 228 new COVID-19 cases and one fatality on Monday.
Mizoram now has 3,535 active COVID-19 cases, while 673 people have recovered in the last 24 hours, taking the total recoveries to 2,14,473.
The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 98 per cent and the death rate is 0.30 per cent.
The state has so far tested 18.54 lakh samples for COVID-19.
According to state immunisation officer Lalmuanawma Jongte, more than 8 lakh people have been inoculated till Tuesday of which over 6.53 lakh have received both doses of the vaccine.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls