Aizawl: Acting on specific information, Assam Rifles troopers carried out an operation on the Mizoram-Myanmar border and recovered 780 grams of heroin worth Rs 3.12 crore on Monday, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
The contraband recovered at Tiau river in Champhai district were concealed in 66 soap cases, it said.
The statement, however, did not mention whether or not a person was arrested in connection with the recovery.
The contraband worth Rs 3.12 crore was handed over to the state excise and narcotics department for further legal proceedings, the statement said.
- NFR revises stoppage time of trains to help farmers transport products
- Turning data into sound to listen to whispers of the universe (and more)
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 19
- Tripura: IPFT’s silence destroyed its political prospects, says TIPRA chief
- Meghalaya: One dead, another critically injured in coal-mining incident
- West Bengal reports 436 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths