The state of Mizoram, which has seen a steady rise of active Covid-19 cases in the third wave now, has the third highest number of active Covid-19 cases in the country, according to statistics maintained by NDTV and PRS legislative research.
Mizoram, with 4,524 active cases as of Monday, comes third after Kerala having the highest number of active cases at 14,968 and Maharashtra with second highest cases at 7,711.
These three states account for more than 50% of the total Covid-19 cases reported in India. Mizoram now accounts for the state with the highest number of active Covid-19 cases in the Northeast, with states like Assam having only 1, 424 active cases and states like Arunachal Pradesh having as low as 65 active cases.
“Mizoram has a high Covid-19 positivity rate because we are carrying out a good amount of Covid-19 testing. We are able to do this because there is no problem faced from the government’s side, there are no problems faced from the staff’s side and we have raised a high level of awareness among the public. We are also continuing contact tracing and testing all likely candidates for Covid-19 positive rate,” Dr. Pachuau Lalmalsawma, State Nodal Officer responded to a question by EastMojo.
He further commented on the positive performances of the state, saying, “We have the lowest death rate in the country. With regard to Covid-19 testing, we conducted a Northeast-level study on three occasions and found that we have performed the best in terms of active Covid-19 testing measures.”
Currently, the positivity rate in Mizoram is 17.70% while the recovery rate is 98.15%.
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness
- SDF seeks President’s rule in Sikkim