Aizawl: Mizoram recorded 1,057 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, 93 higher than the previous day, pushing the tally to 2,11,310, a health department official said.
The COVID-19 death toll rose to 655 as three more persons succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, he said.
At least 1,207 people have recovered from COVID-19 on Friday, taking the total number of recoveries to 2,03,456, he said.
The fresh 1,057 cases were detected from 5,241 samples with the single-day positivity rate at 20.17 per cent, the official said.
The northeastern state now has 7,199 active COVID-19 cases.
The COVID-19 recovery rate is 96.28 per cent and the death rate is 0.30 per cent.
The state has so far tested more than 17.93 lakh samples for COVID-19.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalmuanawma Jongte, over 8 lakh people have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccine till Friday.
- Kid’s ‘rushed’ immune response behind Covid reinfection: Study
- Meghalaya 2023: Over Rs 23 lakh cash, alcohol seized in Garo Hills
- Guwahati: Sahitya Sabha, GMDA at loggerheads over Chachal land
- Blood test can detect Alzheimer’s 3.5 years before diagnosis
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in
- Mizoram: Several local leaders quit MNF in Siaha