Aizawl: Mizoram will get a motosports racing track and sports complex near Aizawl, which will be the first of its kind in all of eastern India, a minister said on Thursday.
State sports minister Robert Romawia Royte said Mizoram State Sports Council (MSSC) and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), a public Infrastructure Finance Company in India’s power sector, on Wednesday inked a pact for the construction of REC Motosports Racing Track and Sports Complex.
The proposed project worth Rs. 10 crore will be constructed at Lengpui, about 31 km north of Aizawl, where the state’s lone airport is located, he said.
“Happy to witness the signing of an agreement between the Mizoram State Sports Council and the Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) for construction of REC Motosports Racing Tract and Sports Complex at Lengpui,Mizoram,” Royte tweeted.
The racing track will be the first of its kind in eastern India, according to the minister.
He said that the MSSC will make massive efforts to ensure that the project is completed in time.
Royte, who is now camping in the national capital, has called Union Tourism, Culture and DoNER Minister GK Reddy and other officials on Wednesday.
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 5