Aizawl: Mizoram on Thursday registered 2,145 fresh coronavirus cases, 428 less than the previous day’s figure, pushing the total infection count to 1,79,740, an official said.
The North-eastern state had registered the highest single-day spike of 2,573 cases on Wednesday.
The death toll rose to 617 during the day as two more persons succumbed to the Covid-19, the official said.
He said 1,887 people recovered from the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cured people to 1,65,447.
The single-day positivity rate increased to 29.12 per cent from 27. 90 per cent the previous day, he said.
The state now has 13,676 active cases.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 92 per cent and the death rate is 0.34 per cent.
Mizoram has so far tested 16.85 lakh samples for Covid-19, including 7,365 on Wednesday.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalmuanawma Jongte, over 7.96 lakh people have been inoculated till Wednesday and 6.15 lakh of them have received both doses.
- Immune health is all about balance; an immunologist explains why
- Nagaland: State Archives exhibits historical documents at Hornbill Festival
- Manipur: Kangpokpi becomes “liquor free” town as campaign kicks off
- Nagaland: Hornbill festival draws 16,446 visitors on Day-1
- Meghalaya: Water Heritage Fortnight celebrated in Shillong
- Assam: Rhino hunted by a spear in Kaziranga National Park