Aizawl: Mizoram chief minister and Mizo National Front (MNF) president Zoramthanga on Friday said that his government would implement the government flagship programme Socio-economic Development Policy (SEDP) from the new fiscal 2022-2023.
The SEDP is the flagship programme of the ruling Mizo National Front (MNF), which aims at bringing sustainable development by accelerating progress in key sectors through exploration and judicious use of resources and maintaining equality and equity among the citizens.
Addressing the celebration, MNF’s diamond jubilee in Kolasib near the Assam border, CM Zoramthanga said the SEDP would be implemented in full swing from the new financial year to cover about 50,000 to 60,000 families.
The flagship programme would be implemented in different trades, he said.
“We are planning to cover eligible families numbering about 50,000 to 60,000 under different trades,” he said.
The chief minister also exuded hope that the MNF will retain power in the next assembly polls in 2023 if the SEDP is implemented as planned. “God will prepare the MNF to retain power in the next assembly election if the SEDP is implemented as planned,” he said.
The MNF chief said the present period belongs to the party.
Also read: Mizoram reports 2,064 new COVID-19 cases
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong