Aizawl: Action on specific information, troopers of Assam Rifles on Wednesday recovered Myanmar currency (Kyat) notes worth Rs 4.20 lakh in Khaikhy village in south Mizoram’s Siaha district near the Myanmar border, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
One person has been apprehended in connection with the recovery, it said.
The foreign currency notes (10000000 in Myanmar’s Kyat) and the accused were handed over to state excise and narcotics department for further legal proceeding, it said.
Ongoing smuggling of foreign currency is a major cause of concern for the state of Mizoram, especially along the India-Myanmar Border, the statement added.
- BJP uses TMC’s ‘Khela hobe’ slogan against Mamata Banerjee’s party
- India is a part of me: Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai
- What COVID has taught us about sharing our emotions – and why now’s a good time to share again
- Clear encroached land of Assam Vaishnavite monasteries, panel urges govt
- Bengal: 2 killed, many injured in blast near venue of TMC’s Abhishek Banerjee’s rally
- Sylhet-Silchar Festival: Looking for more cooperation with India, says B’desh FM