Aizawl: Mizoram on Wednesday reported 443 new COVID-19 cases- 96 more than the previous day- taking the state’s tally to 1,42,691, a health department official said.
The death toll rose to 553 as one more person from Aizawl district has succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, he said.
The single-day positivity rate dipped to 13.38 per cent from 15.66 per cent the previous day, he said.
At least 88 children and 21 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans were among the newly infected people, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 134, followed by Serchhip district (122) and Mamit district (51), he said.
The number of active cases now stands at 2,162, while 112 people have recovered from the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the total recoveries to 1,39,976, the official said.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 98 per cent and the death rate is 0.38 per cent.
The state has so far tested more than 15.14 lakh samples for COVID-19 and out of this 3,311 samples were tested on Tuesday.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 7.31 lakh people have been inoculated and 5.90 lakh of them have received full dose till Tuesday, state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi said.
Also read: Manipur: PLA insurgent held in Ukhrul district
- For rescued rhino calves in Nepal, return to the wild is a fraught option
- Here’s how frozen, tinned foods can be as nutritious as fresh produce
- The urban jungle needs more trees
- Experts turn superglue into cheap, recyclable, oil-free plastic alternative
- COVID-19 infection can change structure of our genes: Study
- New asteroid sample study offers further hints of space origin for the building blocks of life on Earth