Aizawl: Mizoram on Wednesday reported 443 new COVID-19 cases- 96 more than the previous day- taking the state’s tally to 1,42,691, a health department official said.
The death toll rose to 553 as one more person from Aizawl district has succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, he said.
The single-day positivity rate dipped to 13.38 per cent from 15.66 per cent the previous day, he said.
At least 88 children and 21 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans were among the newly infected people, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 134, followed by Serchhip district (122) and Mamit district (51), he said.
The number of active cases now stands at 2,162, while 112 people have recovered from the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the total recoveries to 1,39,976, the official said.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 98 per cent and the death rate is 0.38 per cent.
The state has so far tested more than 15.14 lakh samples for COVID-19 and out of this 3,311 samples were tested on Tuesday.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 7.31 lakh people have been inoculated and 5.90 lakh of them have received full dose till Tuesday, state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi said.
- US hopes India would ‘reconsider’ its decision to restrict wheat exports
- Same-sex marriage: Centre opposes plea for live streaming of proceedings
- Fact-check: ‘Assam’ video on floods from Indonesia?
- Assam: Akhil Gogoi to visit Barak Valley; 500 people could join party
- LIC lists at 8.11% discount at Rs 872 per share on NSE
- Kejriwal slams BJP on demolition drive