A major fire broke out at the deputy commissioner’s (DC) office in Aizawl in the wee hours on Friday. Reports said the fire broke out a little before 4 am and engulfed most parts of the office.
Most parts of the Aizawl DC’s office have been completely destroyed in the fire, local media reported. There is no any official communication on the cause of the fire yet.
Office of the Aizawl Deputy Commissioner is a colonial structure built in 1890. Fire that broke on Friday morning burned all official documents to ashes, DD News Mizoram reported.
Further details awaited.
- What can we do to protect children from sexual abuse?
- Major breakthrough in Darjeeling’s Sivok–Rangpo rail tunnel
- Meghalaya: NPP’s Ampareen Lyngdoh pledges ILP implementation
- Meghalaya: St Anthony’s College to introduce uniforms next year
- IIT Guwahati launches drone tech training programme for armed forces
- Cultural diversity is bedrock of Nagaland: Guv on 61st statehood day