Aizawl: BJP Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) unit on Wednesday demanded the Chakma council to cancel the process of recruitment for over 50 employees under the council citing ‘illegal.’
A delegation of BJP CADC on Wednesday called on the council’s executive secretary Bikash Chakma and submitted a representation demanding to halt the alleged illegal recruitment, the party said in a statement.
In its presentation, the BJP alleged that the present Executive Committee of the CADC has announced to conduct examination for recruitment of 54 posts of Group B (non-gazetted), Group C and B under various departments.
The proposed recruitment was neither notified or displayed on a public notice board nor was published in local (Mizoram) newspapers to make it public, it said. The recruitment notification came to the knowledge of public only when it was circulated in different social media platforms on Monday, it said.
It further alleged that this kind of corrupt practice was not a new thing under the present council headed by Chief Executive Member (CEM) Rasik Mohan Chakma and was a tactic used to favour the kith and kin of ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) members by keeping competent and eligible candidates out of the competition.
The BJP also alleged that the present executive committee of the Chakma council is facing acute financial crisis having more than Rs. 28 crore deficit budget and that the committee is not in a position to fill up vacant posts.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30
- India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 in 2018-20 from 130 in 2014-16
- India reports 279 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura 2023: Congress says 30% candidates will be youths
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30
- Tatas set up EV charging station in Guwahati