Aizawl: Senior Mizo National Front (MNF) adviser and Mizoram Deputy Chief Minister Tawnluia on Friday claimed that his party is different from others.
Addressing a meeting at the MNF office here, Tawnluia said the MNF belonged to the entire Mizo nation and is different from other political parties because it is the party of Mizos. Founded by former chief minister late Laldenga in 1961, the party now celebrates 60 years of its existence, he said.
“Together with the pioneers, who started the MNF to safeguard and uplift the Mizo tribes and fought for their freedom and dignity, we will strive to strengthen the party,” he said.
He said the MNF did not care for party affiliation when it comes to the interest of the Mizos.
Party adviser and excise minister Dr. K. Beichhua also claimed that the MNF party was “anointed by God” to face hard times and adversities.
“Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, many projects have been implemented under the leadership of Chief Minister Zoramthanga and other leaders,” he said.
During the function, Tawnluia inducted at least nine new member into the party.
Also read: Women officers appointed on board major warships: Navy chief
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees