Aizawl: Mizoram COVID-19 count reached 1,32,320 as 423 people have tested positive for the infection on Tuesday, a health department official said. The death toll remains at 479 as no new fatality was reported.
The single-day positivity rate dipped to 8.61 per cent from 19.31 per cent of the previous day, he said. A single-day recovery rate surpassed the fresh cases as 454 people have recovered on Monday, he said.
The fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl reporting the highest at 174 followed by Lunglei (67) and Champhai (38), he said.
The number of active cases now stands at 4,715, while 1,27,126 people have recovered from the infection so far. The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 96 per cent and the death rate is 36 per cent.
According to state health department, the state has so far tested 13 lakh samples for COVID-19 and 4,914 samples were tested on Monday.
Over 7.11 lakh people have been inoculated till Monday, of which more than 5.49 lakh people have been fully vaccinated, it said.
Also read: PM to lay foundation stone of Noida International Airport
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh