Aizawl: Mizoram reported at least six COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 473 while 497 new cases pushed the state tally to 1,30,912, a health department official said.
He said that the number of fresh single-day cases was 73 less than the number of cases reported the previous day.
The single-day positivity rate continues to rise from 13.26 per cent on Thursday to 13.46 per cent on Friday, he said.
Of the fresh cases, Aizawl reported the highest at 200, followed by Khawzawl and Serchhip, both reporting 75 cases each, he said.
At least 838 people have recovered in the last 24 hours surpassing the fresh 497 cases and the total recoveries reached 1,25,170 on Friday, the official added.
The number of active cases now stands at 5,269, which is 4.20 per cent of the total cases.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 95.61 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent.The northeastern state has so far tested 13.91 lakh samples for COVID-19 and 3,692 samples were tested on Thursday.
Over 7 lakh people have been vaccinated and of this 5.46 lakh beneficiaries have already received the second dose till Thursday, state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi said.
- Want to improve my senior ranking, qualify for Olympics: Tasnim Mir
- Cold day conditions likely in parts of national capital
- New Songs Sunday: Check out these songs by Katy Perry, Alesso and Sean Paul!
- GAIL director arrested by CBI in bribery case
- West Bengal govt assesses crop damage due to unseasonal rain
- Arunachal reports 266 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate 23%