Aizawl: At least 570 people, including 118 students, teachers and staff of a private school in Aizawl, have newly tested positive for novel coronavirus, pushing the Mizoram tally to 1,30,415, an official statement said on Thursday.
The statement issued by state information and public relations department, which monitors data of daily COVID-19 cases, said no fatality was reported in the last 24 hours and the death toll remains at 467.
Of the fresh 570 cases, 321 were reported from Aizawl district, 52 from Lunglei district, 41 from Champhai district, 37 from Serchhip district, 26 from Kolasib district, 25 from Mamit districts, 21 from Hnahthial district, 18 from Khawzawl district, 14 from Lawngtlai district, 9 from Siaha district and 6 from Saitual district, it said.
The single-day positivity rate increased to 13.26 per cent from 8.87 per cent on the previous day, it said.
The number of active cases now stands at 5,616, while 344 people have recovered from the infection on Wednesday, taking the total recoveries to 1,24,332.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 95.33 per cent and the death rate is 0.35 per cent. The northeastern state has so far tested 13.88 lakh samples for COVID-19 and 4,298 samples were tested on Wednesday.
Over 7 lakh people have been vaccinated and of this 5.43 lakh beneficiaries have already received the second dose till Wednesday, state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi said.
- Diplomacy, prayers: Things to know about the Ukraine crisis
- Mizoram logs 1,756 new Covid-19 cases, 4 deaths
- Mizoram making massive efforts to control drug menace: Guv in R-Day speech
- Assam: Paragliding accident at Tinsukia resort claims one life
- 118-year-old Sumi village celebrates foundation day in Assam
- British PM flags vaccine bond with India in Republic Day message