Aizawl: Mizoram single-day COVID-19 positivity rate dipped to 11.30 per cent from 15.90 per cent, as 611 fresh cases were detected from 5,411 sample tests, according to a statement issued by state information and public relations department on Tuesday.
The fresh cases have taken the total tally to 1,29,386 of which 4 per cent (5,185) are active cases, it said. The death toll rose to 463 as a 78-year-old man from Aizawl district has succumbed to the infection.
At least 849 people have recovered from the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the total recoveries to 1,23,738, it said.
The fresh cases were reported from all the 11 districts with Aizawl reporting the highest number of fresh cases at 310, flowed by Lunglei (74) and Serchhip (55). The statement further said 95.97 per cent of the infected patients have already recovered from the infection, while 0.35 per cent have succumbed.
The northeastern state has so far conducted tests on 13.78 lakh samples.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 7 lakh people have been inoculated till Monday, of which 5.37 lakh beneficiaries have received full dose.
- 19-year-old woman sets record for solo global flight
- Rohit, Pant and Ashwin feature in ICC’s ‘Test Team of Year’
- Arunachal Ratna announced for state’s 1st Lt Guv Late K A A Raja
- Pentagon releases first video of botched Kabul airstrike
- N. Korea slams US, hints at resuming nuclear, ICBM tests
- Arunachal CM says will soon trace mastermind of ANYA bandh call