Mizoram Journalists’ Association (MJA), an umbrella body of all journalists in the state, will celebrate their golden jubilee next year. The organisation will turn 50 in March next year.
The meeting of the coordination committee of the association on Thursday decided to celebrate the golden jubilee and planned tentatively on March 23 next year.
The meeting also agreed to erect stones and light lamps by the general headquarters and district branches to mark the occasion.
The proposed golden jubilee celebration will be held simultaneously with the general conference.
MJA was established on March 23, 1972, and its founding president was Lal Thanhawla, former chief minister of the state.
Nearly 200 journalists have been registered under MJA.
- 19-year-old woman sets record for solo global flight
- Rohit, Pant and Ashwin feature in ICC’s ‘Test Team of Year’
- Arunachal Ratna announced for state’s 1st Lt Guv Late K A A Raja
- Pentagon releases first video of botched Kabul airstrike
- N. Korea slams US, hints at resuming nuclear, ICBM tests
- Arunachal CM says will soon trace mastermind of ANYA bandh call