Mizoram Journalists’ Association (MJA), an umbrella body of all journalists in the state, will celebrate their golden jubilee next year. The organisation will turn 50 in March next year.
The meeting of the coordination committee of the association on Thursday decided to celebrate the golden jubilee and planned tentatively on March 23 next year.
The meeting also agreed to erect stones and light lamps by the general headquarters and district branches to mark the occasion.
The proposed golden jubilee celebration will be held simultaneously with the general conference.
MJA was established on March 23, 1972, and its founding president was Lal Thanhawla, former chief minister of the state.
Nearly 200 journalists have been registered under MJA.
- Hillary Clinton to meet salt pan workers on 2nd day of Gujarat visit
- Shah assures delegation from Sikkim of intervention amid protests over SC observation
- Opposition MPs protest in Parliament premises on Adani issue
- Meghalaya 2023: Denied BJP ticket, ex-MLA joins TMC for North Tura
- Nagaland polls: CM Neiphiu Rio files nomination
- SC observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: Rijiju says Centre to file review petition