Aizawl: Mizoram on Thursday reported 531 new COVID-19 cases, 6 higher than the previous day, with the tally increasing to 1,26,917, a health department official said.
The death toll remains at 456 as one new fatality was reported after 5 pm on Wednesday, he said. The single-day positivity rate was increased to 11.11 per cent from 10.69 per cent on the previous day as the fresh cases were detected from 4,780 sample tests.
At least 119 children were among the newly infected people, he said. Three patients have travel history, while 528 people were found to have locally contracted the disease, he said. The number of active cases now stands at 5,939, while 371 people have recovered on Wednesday, taking the total recoveries to 1,20,522.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 94.96 per cent and the death rate is 0.35 per cent.
According to state Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), more than 13.60 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far.
Over 7 lakh people have been vaccinated till November 10, of which 5.29 lakh people have received full dose, according to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi.
- India successfully test-fires Brahmos missile
- Manipur 2022: TMC MLA, ex-Congress MLA join BJP
- System being created where there is no place for any discrimination: PM Modi
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Jan 20
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Jan 20
- U19 WC: COVID-hit India stroll into QFs after beating Ireland; Australia win too