Aizawl: Newly appointed Mizoram chief secretary Renu Sharma arrived in Aizawl from Delhi on Monday, an official said.
She is yet to give her joining report, she said. The AGMUT cadre IAS officer of the 1988 batch, was appointed by the Centre on October 28 to take charge from November 1.
On the same day, the Mizoram government also ordered JC Ramthanga, state additional chief secretary to Chief Minister Zoramthanga, to take charge as chief secretary from November 1 until further order.
Sharma will replace Lalnunmawia Chuaungo, who retired voluntarily on October 31.
She had already been posted in Mizoram and initially held Commissioner and Secretary in the finance and general administration departments between June 2011 and August 2012. She was again transferred to Mizoram in 2016 and posted as principal secretary in the state home and personnel & administrative reforms department.
JC Ramthanga, a Manipur cadre IAS officer of 1989 batch, who is currently posted on deputation, has taken the charge of chief secretary on Monday in addition to his original post of additional chief secretary to the CM, official sources said.
It was a stop-gap arrangement as Ramthanga is likely to leave the office once Renu Sharma joined, the sources said.
- Manipur: Drug smuggler held with brown sugar worth Rs 6 crore
- Pawan Hans helicopter services launched in 4 sectors in Assam
- HC relief for Assam man whose late mother was declared ‘foreigner’
- Bengal Guv addresses to assembly, BJP MLAs stage walkout
- Half his plants died, but this Ukhrul farmer never gave up: Here’s why
- Sundance festival catapulting Indian documentaries to the Oscars