Aizawl: At least 12 youths from Mizoram, who are well versed in different skills, will represent Northeast in India Skills competition to be held in Bengaluru in December, an official statement said.
The 12 youths have qualified for the event during the recently concluded Eastern India Zone Skills competition held in Bihar’s capital Patna between October 20 and 22 October, the statement said.
Three among the 12 successful participants won by walkover at the competition as there were no other opponents in their chosen trade, it said.
The Mizoram youths showcased their skills in at least 11 different trades such as – Bakery, Beauty Therapy, Hair Dressing, Electrical Installation, Welding, Carpentry, Fashion Technology, Painting & Decoration, Floristry, Hotel Reception and Plumbing & Heating.
A total of 245 youths from 8 States and Union Territories from the East and Northeast regions participated at the Bengaluru skill competition, the statement said.
The event was organised by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Winners of the India Skills competition will go for the World Skills Competition to be held in China’s Shanghai in October next year, the statement added.
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?
- Use mapping to identify vulnerable areas in Silchar, suggests expert
- Manipur: 2 journalists arrested for alleged connection with insurgents