In an unusual incident in Mizoram’s Lunglei town, a youth defaced a BTS banner put up by fans. Mizoram BTS ARMY, outraged by the act, reportedly sought legal action against the youth.
The youth from Lunglei, who made ‘nostril holes’ on a BTS member’s face was made to apologise to the fans through a social media post.
“As I am being directed by the law, I am making this apology post to various Mizo Facebook groups, on 14.6.2021, I defaced a banner put up by BTS Army in Lunglei by making nostril holes on the picture, I offer my sincerest apology and beg forgiveness to all of you, I promise to you that I will not indulge myself in such kind of activity ever again,” read the youth’s public apology.
The public apology is now nowhere to be found on the youth’s profile and his name appears to have been changed too. The incident has garnered support for the youth on one hand, while on the other hand people deem the same to be triumph of law over blind hatred towards a fan base.
Some BTS fans from Mizoram however, allege that the youth who sought public apology was just seeking for attention on social media whereas the culprits have not yet been caught.
BTS fans from Mizoram, one of the largest and most active fanbase among K-pop fans in Northeast, celebrated Park Jimin’s birthday last week when the K-pop singer turned 26 raising over thousands in cash which were donated to homes and hospitals.
- 5 suspected ‘Chinese’ nationals caught with precious stones at Gangtok hotel
- Nagaland: One person killed in Mon during protests, death toll rises to 14
- Review: ‘Drushyam 2’ is just as good as its Malayalam original
- Eastern Naga students condemn ‘inhuman massacre’, call for end of AFSPA
- Lynched Sri Lankan’s nearly all bones broken, 99% body burnt: Pak report
- Dimapur Ao Youth body: Mon killings expose ‘Army’s lack of professionalism’