In yet another success in its crusade against smuggling activities, Assam Rifles have recovered 140 bags of poppy seeds worth Rs 18.83 lakh along the Tlangsam-Tyao road in Champhai district near the Myanmar border, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
The AR recovered poppy seeds during an operation jointly launched by the personnel of 8 Assam Rifles, 20 FIT and Customs department on October 12, it said.
The recovered items were handed over to the Customs department for further legal proceedings, it said.
- NCB sleuths visit homes of actors Shah Rukh Khan, Ananya Pandey
- International friendly football: Sweden’s Hammarby IF beat India’s women 3-2
- Death toll at 88 as rains lash Nepal, triggering floods & landslides
- Women voters outnumber men in 3 Meghalaya constituencies going to by-polls
- Kolkata Police’s women officers become ‘Durga’ to hunt down modern-day ‘asuras’
- Star sprinter Hima Das tests negative for COVID-19