In yet another success in its crusade against smuggling activities, Assam Rifles have recovered 140 bags of poppy seeds worth Rs 18.83 lakh along the Tlangsam-Tyao road in Champhai district near the Myanmar border, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
The AR recovered poppy seeds during an operation jointly launched by the personnel of 8 Assam Rifles, 20 FIT and Customs department on October 12, it said.
The recovered items were handed over to the Customs department for further legal proceedings, it said.
- Mass rejig in Tripura state bodies, new faces assume crucial posts
- Over 6,000 villages without mobile connectivity in northeast: TRAI
- Nagaland: How football keeps alive memories of 2 youths killed by police
- The next gold rush is far, far away — and closer than you think
- Why’s the Khalistan movement sparking a diplomatic feud between India and Canada?
- Mizoram NGO concerned over purchase of land by non-locals