Aizawl: Officials of Mizoram Excise and Narcotics department and Assam Rifles troopers have seized 158 grams of heroin and arrested four peddlers at two different locations in Aizawl on Tuesday and Wednesday, an official statement said.
The statement issued by the Excise and Narcotics department said that the department officials and Assam Rifles troopers conducted a joint operation on Wednesday at Aizawl’s Tawngtai Mual area and recovered 133 grams of heroin.
Two peddlers identified as Lalliansanga (22), a resident of Zokhawthar village in Champhai district Lalkhawngaiha (41) from Aizawl’s Saron Veng were arrested for possessing the contraband, it said.
In another seizure, the excise department also recovered 25 grams of heroin in the Maubawk area in Aizawl on Tuesday and arrested two persons- Lalzarliana (45), a resident of Lianpui in Champhai district and R. Liantluanga (38), resident of Kulikawn in Aizawl, it said.
All the seized contraband worth Rs 4.2 lakh were smuggled from Myanmar, it said.
The accused were booked under relevant sections of The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the statement added.
- Meghalaya to be fully connected by optical fibre network, says CM
- NFR assures completion of Dhansiri-Zubza rail line by 2024
- NE is future of sports in India: Arunachal CM Pema Khandu
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship