Aizawl: At least three persons, including a Myanmar national, have been arrested for possessing heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh in Aizawl, a statement by Mizoram Excise and Narcotics Department said on Wednesday.
The statement said that officials of the excise and narcotics department and Border Security Force (BSF) jawans conducted a joint operation at Bawngkawn area in Aizawl on Tuesday and seized 359 grams of heroin from the possession of three peddlers.
The accused have been identified as Manglianhre (20), a resident of Liandu in Myanmar’s Falam district, F. Lalrinmawia (27) and Jerry Lalrammuana (23) both from Aizawl, it said.
The contraband worth Rs 10.15 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar, it said.
The three accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the statement added.
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi
- Maha CM, ministers visit Guwahati to pay obeisance to Goddess Kamakhya
- Mizoram: More Kuki-Chin refugees arrive from Bangladesh