Aizawl: At least three persons, including a Myanmar national, have been arrested for possessing heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh in Aizawl, a statement by Mizoram Excise and Narcotics Department said on Wednesday.
The statement said that officials of the excise and narcotics department and Border Security Force (BSF) jawans conducted a joint operation at Bawngkawn area in Aizawl on Tuesday and seized 359 grams of heroin from the possession of three peddlers.
The accused have been identified as Manglianhre (20), a resident of Liandu in Myanmar’s Falam district, F. Lalrinmawia (27) and Jerry Lalrammuana (23) both from Aizawl, it said.
The contraband worth Rs 10.15 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar, it said.
The three accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the statement added.
- 7 Manipur footballers make it to national team for Asian Cup 2022
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?