September 16: Two women from Mizoram National Florence Nightingale Awards 2020 for their service.
Mrs. C. Degthangpuii, Health Supervisor (Rtd) and health worker Mrs. Vanlalthuami were among the 51 awardees of the meritorious services award for Nursing professionals in the country – National Florence Nightingale Award 2020 for their outstanding work.
The National Florence Nightingale Award was instituted by Health ministry in 1973 as a mark of recognition for the meritorious services of nurses carries Rs 50000 cash, a certificate, a citation certificate and a medal.
The award was conferred yesterday by President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind at a virtual ceremony. Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Shri Mansukh Mandaviya and Union Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar were also present.
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’