Mizoram Covid-19 count reached a 70,000 mark on Sunday as 1,089 new Covid-19 cases were reported in the last 24 hours, 364 higher than the previous day, a health department official said.
The death toll rose to 236 as three more people have succumbed to the infection at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl.
The single-day infection rate also rose from 10.73 per cent on Saturday to 13.98 per cent on Sunday as the fresh cases were detected from 7,791 sample tests, said the official.
Aizwal district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 635, followed by Kolasib at 104 and Siaha at 78.
At least 245 children were among the newly infected people, the official said, adding that one patient has a travel history and the remaining 1,088 were found to have contracted the disease locally.
Of the 1,089 patients, at least 486 have developed symptoms of Covid-19, he said. Mizoram total Covid-19 count now stands at 70,840, of which 12,429 are active.
As many as 58,175 people have recovered from the infection, including 1,004 on Saturday and the state has conducted more than 9.63 lakh sample tests till date, reported a government bulletin.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 6.63 lakh people have been vaccinated till Saturday, of which 2.98 lakh have received full doses.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP