Aizawl: Mizoram on Saturday reported 725 new COVID-19 cases, 330 less than the previous day, with the tally increasing to 69,751, a health department bulletin said.
The daily infection rate stood at 10.73 per cent, as the new cases were detected from 6,754 sample tests, it said. Aizwal district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 438, followed by Lunglei at 72 and Lawngtlai at 48.
At least 168 children were among the newly infected people, the bulletin said, adding that one patient has a travel history and the remaining 724 were found to have contracted the disease locally.
As many as 432 fresh patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19.
The death toll remained at 233 as no new fatality due to the infection was reported, it said.
According to the bulletin, 21 persons per 1 lakh population have succumbed to the disease so far. Sixty-three people per 1,000 population in Mizoram have contracted the coronavirus infection.
The northeastern state now has 12,347 active cases, while 816 people were cured of the disease on Friday, taking the total number of recoveries to 57,171.
The recovery rate among coronavirus patients currently stands at 81.96 per cent.
Meanwhile, the Zoram People’s Movement (ZPM) and the Congress accused the state government of failing to deal with the COVID situation, an allegation the ruling Mizo National Front denied.
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days