Aizawl: Officials of Mizoram Excise and Narcotics department have seized 122 grams of heroin worth Rs 2.8 lakh and arrested two persons during raids at two different locations in Aizawl, an official statement said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, the officials raided certain area between Vaivakawn and Hunthar localities in Aizawl on Wednesday and seized 26 grams of heroin from the possession of a peddler identified as B. Sangzuala (45), a resident of Chanmari West in Aizawl, the statement said.
In another operation, excise officials also seized 96 grams of heroin from Chanmari neighbourhood in Aizawl on Tuesday.
A drug peddler identified as Lalzarmawia (40), a resident of New Hruaikawn village in Champhai district has been arrested for possessing the contraband, it said.
The total value of the seized heroin is estimated to be Rs 2.8 lakh, it said.
The two accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the statement added.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Dec 2
- Pakistan to review strategy after TTP militants calls off truce
- Powerful linear accelerator begins smashing atoms. It could reveal rare forms of matter
- German Chancellor likely to visit India twice next year: Ambassador
- Nagaland pillar of India’s ‘Act East policy’: VP Dhankhar
- Arunachal: Dambuk oranges find takers in UAE