Aizawl: Mizoram on Wednesday reported 1,214 new Covid-19 cases, registering a decrease in the single-day cases by 254 from the previous day of 1,468 cases, which was the highest ever single-day spike in the state.
The 1,214 fresh cases pushed the state’s tally to 66,910 of which 11,986 are active, the official said.
As many as 54,697 people have recovered from the infection, including 641 on Tuesday.At least 227 people have succumbed to the infection so far, he said.
The fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl reporting the highest at 801, followed by Kolasib at 128 and Lungeli at 61, he said.The single-day positivity rate is 13.12 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 9,254 samples, he said.
Of the 1,214 new cases, 139 were confirmed at RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC), 51 cases were detected through TrueNat tests, 1,011 through Rapid Antigen Test and 13 others were detected through FIA (Fluorescent Immunoassay) tests, the official said.
At least 229 children were among the newly infected people, he said.5 patients have travel history and the rest 1,209 were found to have contracted the infection locally, he said.
The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients is 81.74 per cent and the death rate is 0.33 per cent.
The state has tested more than 9.28 lakh samples for Covid-19 till date, it said.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 6.60 lakh people have been vaccinated till Tuesday.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19