Aizawl: Officials of Mizoram Excise and Narcotics department and Assam Rifles troopers have seized more than 700 grams of heroin worth Rs 19.60 lakh and arrested four persons, including a Myanmar national, during a joint operation at two different locations in Mizoram capital Aizawl, the department said in a statement on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the excise department and Field Intelligence Unit (FIU) of Assam Rifles raided the Zarkawt area in the heart of Aizawl on Saturday and seized 636 grams of heroin worth Rs 17.50 lakh from the possession of three peddlers, the statement said.
The accused have been identified as Lalropianga (38), Lalneihsanga (40) and Lalsiamthara (21), all residents of Champhai town, it said.
In another operation, excise department officials seized 77 grams of heroin at Bawngkawn locality in Aizawl on Sunday night. A peddler identified as Lalvulliani (38) Khawimawi village in Myanmar was arrested for possessing the contraband worth Rs. 2.10 lakh, the statement said.
All the four accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, it said.
They were sent to Aizawl Central Jail after being produced before the Special Court (ND&PS Act) in Aizawl on Monday, it added.
- Italy to play Argentina in Europe-South America title game
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders