Aizawl: At least 444 people, including 99 children, have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Mizoram, pushing the state’s tally to 64,228, a health department official said Monday.
The total fatality rose to 224 with the death of a 79-year-old man at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Sunday night, he added.
The state reported single-day positivity rate at 21.66 per cent, as the fresh cases were detected from 2,050 samples.
Aizawl district reported the most fresh cases at 344, followed by Mamit district at 52, and Lunglei district at 26, the official said.
Mizoram now has 10,538 Covid-19 active cases, while 53,466 people have recovered from the infection so far, including 885 on Sunday.
The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients in the state is 83.24 per cent and the death rate is 0.34 per cent.
Mizoram has tested more than 8.99 lakh samples for Covid-19 till date, and the number of those vaccinated against the virus stands at 6.58 lakh till Saturday.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 28
- BTS: ‘Permission to dance on stage’ after 2 years & ARMY can’t keep calm!
- Assam government to explore commercialisation of spices
- North Korea fires short-range missile to sea in latest test
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths