Aizawl: Mizoram on Saturday reported 825 new COVID-19 cases, which is 57 cases less than the total 882 cases reported on Friday, an official said.
The fresh cases have pushed the state’s COVID-19 count to 62,817, he said.
The state also reported one more fatality in the last 24 hours that took the death toll to 220, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 9 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 9,083 samples.
Aizawl district reported the highest fresh cases at 413, followed by Lawngtlai district at 89 and Lunglei district at 68, he said.
At least 203 children were among the newly infected people, he said.
Mizoram now has 10,517 COVID-19 active cases, while 52,080 people have recovered from the infection, including 690 on Friday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 82.90 per cent and the death rate is 0.35 per cent.
The state has conducted tests of more than 8.97 samples for COVID-19 to date.
According to the state immunisation officer, over 6.57 lakh people have been vaccinated till Friday of which 2.46 lakh have received the full dose of the vaccine.
Also read | Refugee Myanmar children receiving education in Mizoram, says minister
- Large parts of India to see above-normal temperatures, heatwave days from Apr-Jun: IMD
- Manipur: Another shelter home for Myanmar refugees in Churachandpur
- Education might not save you from cognitive decline: study
- Mizoram celebrates Palm Sunday
- Bhutanese King to visit India from April 3-5
- Home Minister Amit Shah shown black flag by Congressmen in Mizoram