At least 219 children and 31 jawans of Central Reserve Police Force (BSF) were among the newly infected people, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest new COVID-19 cases at 679, followed by Champhai at 101 and Kolasib at 88, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 8.32 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 13,040 samples, he said.
With the 1,157 fresh cases, at least 45 persons per 1,000 population based on the total population according to 2011 census, have so far been infected with COVID-19, the official said.
He said that 33 patients have travel history while the rest 1,124 were found to have locally contracted the virus.
The total percentage of COVID-19 cases detected in the last 24 hours through RT-PCR test was 11.89, TreNat test (18.37), Rapid Antigen Test (7.97) and Fluorescent Immunoassay (FIA) test (28.60).
Of the 1,157 patients, 503 have developed symptoms of COVID-19.
Mizoram now has 9,107 COVID-19 active cases, while 49,798 people have recovered from the infection, including 358 on Monday.
At least 214 people have succumbed to the infection so far.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 84.23 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent.
The state has conducted tests on more than 8.63 samples till date.
According to state immunisation officer, over 6.55 lakh people have been vaccinated till Monday of which 2.36 lakh have received full dose of vaccine.
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA
- Taliban replace ministry for women with one restricting them