Aizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in Covid-19 cases as 886 new cases were reported in the last 24 hours, pushing the state’s tally to 56,642, a health department official said on Saturday.
More than 186 children, including a 3-week old infant, were among the newly infected people, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 10.33 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 8,576 samples, he said.
The fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl district reporting the highest at 383, followed by Lunglei district at118 and Kolasib district at 98, he said.
Of the 576 fresh cases, 112 cases were confirmed at a RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC), 739 were detected through Rapid Antigen Test from various districts and 35 through TrueNat tests.
Five patients have travel history, while the rest 881 were found to have locally contracted the virus, the official said.
The number of active cases now stands at 8,100, while 48,336 people have recovered from the infection, including 256 people on Friday.
At least 206 people have succumbed to the infection.
The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients is 85.33 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent.
The state has tested more than 8.37 lakh samples for Covid-19 till date.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh