The state also reported one more COVID-19 fatality in the last 24 hours, which took the death toll to 202, he said.
The fresh COVID-19 cases detected from 8,388 samples put the single-day positivity rate at 9.47 per cent.
The fresh COVID-19 cases were reported from all the 11 districts of Mizoram with Aizawl registering the highest at 428, followed by Kolasib district at 84 and Lunglei district at 61, he said.
Five patients have travel history, while the rest 789 were found to have locally contracted the infection.
Mizoram now has 7,082 COVID-19 active patients and 47,567 people have recovered from the infection, including 375 people on Wednesday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients in Mizoram is 86.72 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent. The state has tested more than 8.19 lakh samples till date.
- People spending a lot on weapons, this is totally wrong: Dalai Lama
- FIFA World Cup 2022 quarterfinal games Saturday, December 10
- US govt aware of long delays in visa appointments in India: WH
- Pakistan ready to play its part for SAARC’s revival: PM Shehbaz Sharif
- AAP to contest at least 25 seats in Mizoram next year: Senior leader
- Meghalaya: Biotech KISAN Hub field demonstration unit now at NEHU