The state also reported one more COVID-19 fatality in the last 24 hours, which took the death toll to 202, he said.
The fresh COVID-19 cases detected from 8,388 samples put the single-day positivity rate at 9.47 per cent.
The fresh COVID-19 cases were reported from all the 11 districts of Mizoram with Aizawl registering the highest at 428, followed by Kolasib district at 84 and Lunglei district at 61, he said.
Five patients have travel history, while the rest 789 were found to have locally contracted the infection.
Mizoram now has 7,082 COVID-19 active patients and 47,567 people have recovered from the infection, including 375 people on Wednesday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients in Mizoram is 86.72 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent. The state has tested more than 8.19 lakh samples till date.
- Sikkim floods: 10 dead, 82 missing, 14 bridges collapse
- Arunachal CM expresses sadness, shock at Sikkim floods
- Sikkim Police notifies road situation; check details here
- Handkerchief or tissue? Which one’s better for our health and the planet?
- Assam: Half marathon event to be held on Oct 29 in Dibrugarh
- RBI approves merger of North East Small Fin Bank, fintech unicorn Slice