Aizawl: Mizoram reported 292 new COVID-19 cases and six more fatalities in the last 24 hours, taking the state’s COVID-19 tally to 52,472 and death toll to 200, a health department official said on Monday.
The single-day positivity rate was 13.95 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 2,093 samples, he said.
The new COVID-19 cases were reported from Aizawl (169), Siaha (59), Mamit (32), Kolasib (15), Lawngtlai (7), Lunglei (5), Serchhip (3) and Champhai (2).
More than 63 children were among the newly infected people, he said.
All the patients were found to have contracted the virus locally, he said.
228 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and the remaining 64 are asymptomatic, he said.
The number of active cases now stands at 5,982, while 46,290 people have recovered from the infection, including 872 people on Sunday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 88.21 per cent and death rate is 0.38 per cent.
The state has tested more than 7.91 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
Over 6.50 lakh people have been vaccinated in the state so far, according to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi.
- Assam: Three arrested for killing two minors in Bongaigaon
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 8 January, 2023
- Meghalaya 2023: 60 sitting MLAs among 379 candidates file nomination
- Assam: Three arrested for torturing alleged burglar in Hailakandi
- Men don’t see mess like women do: How to make housework more equal
- Webb detects smallest main belt asteroid by chance: NASA