Aizawl: Four people were arrested with heroin worth Rs 3.5 lakh during an operation in south Mizoram‘s Siaha town on Tuesday, an official of the state excise and narcotics department said on Wednesday.
He said that personnel of excise and narcotics department conducted a raid along Bualpui (NG) Road in Siaha near the Myanmar border around 11:40 pm on Tuesday and seized 124 grams of heroin from the possession of the four peddlers.
The accused have been identified as Gospel Vanlalliana (26) and Vanlalngheta (24), both from Bulfekzawl village in Champhai district, and Runkianlova (41) from Champhai town and Thanglianmunga (48) of Aizawl’s Bawngkawn locality, he said.
One Maruti Alto car used for transporting the contraband has also been seized by the officials, he said.
The four accused were booked under relevant sections of ‘The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985,’ he said.
Officials of excise and narcotics department also raided Rangvamual neighbourhood and adjoining areas on Tuesday and destroyed a sizeable number of liquor factories and local made alcohol, the official also said.
Meanwhile, a statement issued by excise and narcotics department said that at least 37 people, including 3 females, have died due to drug abuse between January to August 17 this year.
The department has also seized 9.93 kg of heroin, 25,609 litre of locally brewed liquor and arrested 1,877 people in drug related cases during the same period, the statement said.
- Milestones: Siliguri brand offering novelties for travelers & collectors
- Jitendra Chaudhary new CPI(M) Tripura unit secretary
- Tripura governor nominates two members to district council
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 20
- Charanjit Singh Channi takes oath as Punjab chief minister
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood