The state also reported one more fatality in the last 24 hours, which took the death toll due to COVID-19 to 182, he said.
As many as 229 fresh cases were detected through Rapid Antigen test from various districts and 20 through FIA (Fluorescent Immunoassay), he said.
No sample was tested at RT-PCR laboratory in ZMC in the last 24 hours, he said.
Of the 249 new COVID-19 cases, Aizawl district reported 193 cases, Siaha 16, Lawngtlai 15, Mamit eight, Serchhip five, and Lunglei, Champhai, Kolasib and Hnahthial districts reported three cases each, he said.
All the patients were found to have contracted the infection locally, he said.
The single-day positivity rate is 19.79 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 1,258 samples, he said.
190 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and the rest 59 are asymptomatic.
Mizoram now has 9,836 active COVID-19 cases, while 38,693 people have already recovered from the infection, including 1,067 people on Sunday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 79.43 per cent ant death rate is 0.37 per cent.
Mizoram has tested more than 7.35 lakh samples for COVID-19 so far.
Over 6.45 lakh people have been vaccinated in Mizoram, of which 2.18 lakh people have received both the doses of the COVID-19 vaccine till date.
- New Songs Sunday: Check out these songs by Katy Perry, Alesso and Sean Paul!
- GAIL director arrested by CBI in bribery case
- West Bengal govt assesses crop damage due to unseasonal rain
- Arunachal reports 266 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate 23%
- Mizoram reports 875 new COVID-19 cases, two more fatalities
- Lata Mangeshkar continues to be in ICU: doctor