Aizawl: Mizoram chief minister Zoramthanga on Friday inaugurated the completed portion of a 84.50-kmlong upgraded road linking the state with neighbouring Tripura and Assam, an official statement said.
The improvement and upgrade of Khedacherra-Damcherra-Zamuang-Kawrthah-Tuilitkawn (KDZKT) road from a single lane to intermediate lane was approved and sanctioned by the North Eastern Council (NEC) in January, 2013, the statement said.
The project cost about Rs.134.70 crores.
Speaking on the occasion, Zoramthanga said that his government gives priority to construction of good roads and upgrade of the existing ones.
He said that good connectivity is significantly important to usher in economic development.
The chief minister expressed hope that the KDZKT road will tremendously boost economic activities and benefitted by Mizoram and neighboruing states.
The KDZKT raod is an inter-state road linking Mizoram with its neighbouring state of Tripura and Assam in the North Western belt of Mizoram and is running in North-South direction on the ridge of Hachhek range.
The project for improvement and upgrade of KDZKT road was allotted to Guwahati based M/S DRAIPL and ABCI Ltd (JV), in May 2015 at an agreed amount of Rs. 179.63 crore.
The approval of the second revision amounting to Rs. 183.27 crore, which is necessitated by the introduction of GST in 2017 and cost adjustment as per contract agreement, is awaited.
Change of some scopes within the Tiger Reserve area (14.80 km), where no physical works could be executed until necessary clearances were given, has also delayed the project.
The project is expected to be completed soon.
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood
- Assam’s star athlete Amlan Borgohain’s targets CWG, Asian Games next
- NNPGs ‘disturbed’ after Indian intel claims arms procured from Myanmar
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Tripura sounds African swine flu alert; Kanchanpur farm is epicenter
- Associated Press interview: UN chief warns China, US to avoid Cold War