Aizawl: Troopers of Assam Rifles on Friday recovered 250 grams of heroin at Ruantlang village in Mizoram’s Champhai district near the Myanmar border, a statement by Assam Rifles said.
The operation was carried out jointly by a team of Serchhip battalion of 23 sector Assam Rifles and officials of Customs department, it said.
The contraband worth Rs 1 crore was handed over to the Customs department, it said.
The statement said that drug smuggling is a major cause of concern for Mizoram, especially along the India-Myanmar Border.
The paramilitary force, which is christened as the ‘Sentinels of Northeast’ have been making efforts to curb drug trafficking in Mizoram, the statement added.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP