The state also reported two more fatalities in the last 24 hours that took the death to 173, he said.
Of the 576 fresh cases, Aizawl district reported 323 new COVID-19 cases, Kolasib district (71), Champhai district (57), Lunglei district (38), Lawngtlai district (35), Mamit district (28), Siaha district (17), Saitual district (4), Hnahthial district (2) and Serchhip district reported one case, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was at 9.30 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 6,192 samples, he said.
More than 128 children and 8 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans were among the newly infected people.
Nine patients have travel history and the rest 567 were found to have locally contracted the infection, the official aid.
Of the 576 patients, 313 have developed symptoms of COVID-19.
The number of COVID-19 active cases now stands at 11,989, while 34,734 people have recovered from the infection, including 1,012 people on Wednesday.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 74 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent.
Mizoram has tested more than 7 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi over 6.42 lakh people have been vaccinated, of which 2.13 lakh people have received full dose of the COVID-19 vaccine till Wednesday.
- Driver, helper killed as truck falls into roadside ditch in Bengal
- NIA arrests trafficker in West Bengal fake currency notes case
- Gavaskar wants Rishabh Pant to succeed Kohli as Test skipper
- Maharashtra: 4 held for shooting dead doctor in Yavatmal
- Australia beats England by 146 runs, completes 4-0 Ashes win
- COVID-19: India’s R value drops to 2.2 between January 7 and 13