Aizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in COVID-19 cases despite prolonged lockdown as 885 people, including 178 children, have newly tested positive for the infection, pushing 40,996, a health department official said on Wednesday.
The COVID-19 death toll in Mizoram has also climbed to 156 as three more people died in the last 24 hours, the official said.
The new COVID-19 cases were reported from various districts of Mizoram with Aizawl reporting the highest at 613, followed by Kolasib (125) and Lunglei district (65), he said.
He said that 338 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed at a RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC), while 520 cases were detected through Rapid Antigen Test and the remaining 27 through TrueNat tests.
Ten patients have travel history and the rest 875 were found to have locally contracted the disease, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 9.65 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 9,170 samples.
Of the 885 patients, 351 have developed symptoms of Covid-19 while the rest 534 were asymptomatic.
Mizoram now has 12,663 active COVID-19 patients and 28,177 people have so far recovered from the infection, including 535 people on Tuesday.
The state has tested over 6.44 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, more than 6.3 lakh people have been vaccinated till Tuesday.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves