With the fresh cases, active COVID-19 cases now stand at 6,003, the highest ever reported in the state at a time, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 201, followed by Lunglei (82), Kolasib (18), Mamit (16), Lawngtlai (9), Siaha (8) and Champhai district (1), he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 25.02 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 1,339 samples, he said.
Over 67 children were among the newly infected people. All the new cases were locally transmitted cases.
Of the 335 patients, 288 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and the remaining 47 patients were asymptomatic, the official said.
At least 122 people have succumbed to the infection so far. Up to 21,363 people have recovered from the infection.
Mizoram has tested 5,57,238 samples for COVID-19 till date.
Over 6 lakh people have been inoculated till Saturday, of which over 1.28 lakh have received both doses of vaccine, according to the health department.
- Modi dials Mamata, assures all help to mitigate flood situation in Bengal
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases