The state also reported one more COVID-19 death, which took the death toll to 117, he said.
The 456 new COVID-19 cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl reporting the highest at 271, followed by Kolasib at 62 and Lunglei at 58.
A total of 87 fresh cases were confirmed at RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC). While 26 cases were detected through TrueNat facilities, the remaining 343 were detected through rapid antigen test from various districts.
Fourteen patients have travel history and the rest were found to have contracted the disease locally, the official said.
As many as 268 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, while 188 are asymptomatic, he said.
The single-day positive rate is 10 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 4,537 samples tests.
Mizoram now has 5,612 COVID-19 active cases, while 20,478 people have recovered from the infection.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 78.13 per cent and the death rate is 0.44 per cent.
The state has tested over 5.46 lakh samples till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, more than 5.96 lakh people have been inoculated till Thursday, of which 1.17 lakh have received both the doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
Meanwhile, the Mizoram government has extended the existing COVID-19 guidelines to be enforced till midnight of July 17.
The existing guidelines, which eased certain lockdown restrictions, have come into force from June 30 and was initially scheduled to be lifted on the midnight of July 15.
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram