The 91 fresh cases detected from 789 samples took the total COVID-19 count in the state to 21,337 with a single-day positivity rate of 11.53 per cent, he said.
Of the new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram, four were confirmed at TrueNat laboratories and 87 were detected through Rapid Antigen Test from various districts, he said.
Aizawl district reported 64 new COVID-19 cases, Kolasib nine, Lunglei 10, Siaha four, Serchhip two, and Mamit and Saitual districts reported one case each.
Twenty-nine children and two policemen were among the newly infected people, the official said. All the 91 fresh cases were locally transmitted cases, he said.
As many as 78 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and 13 are asymptomatic, he said. Mizoram now has 3,581 COVID-19 active cases, while 17,661 people have recovered from the infection.
As many as 407 people were discharged from various COVID-19 Care facilities on Sunday. So far 95 people have succumbed to the infection.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 82.77 per cent and death rate is 0.44 per cent. Mizoram has tested 5,01,117 samples till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi , 5,34,860 people have been inoculated till Saturday and 60,399 of them received both doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves