Aizawl: Mizoram on Saturday reported 233 new COVID-19 cases, taking the state’s tally to 21,003, an official statement said.
Of the fresh cases, Aizawl district reported the highest at 134, followed by Kolasib and Lunglei at 43 and 22 cases, respectively the statement said.
The remaining cases were reported from Serchhip district (8), Siaha district (5), Lawngtlai district (5) Champhai district (2), Mamit district (10), Hnahthial district (3) and Khawzawl district (1).
Forty-nine new cases were confirmed at a RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl, while 16 cases were detected through TrueNat facilities and 168 were detected through Rapid Antigen Test from various districts, it said.
The single-day positivity rate was 6.22 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 3,742 samples, it said.
Eight patients have travel history, while the rest 225 were found to have locally contracted the infection.
Of the 233 patients, 127 have developed symptoms of Covid-19.
Mizoram now has 4,010 COVID-19 active cases, while 16,899 people have recovered from the virus.
The COVID-19 death toll in the state remains at 94.
Also read | Chief secretaries of Assam, Mizoram to meet in Delhi over border dispute
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 80.45 per cent and the death rate is 0.44 per cent.
The state has tested over 4.96 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, over 5.2 lakh people have been vaccinated till Friday.
- Underactive immune response may explain severe Covid in obese: Study
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health