Aizawl: As many as 278 more people, including 13 inmates of Aizawl central jail and 52 children, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, pushing the state’s tally to 20,770, a health official said on Friday.
Sixty-five new cases were confirmed at a RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl, while 13 cases were detected through TrueNat facilities and 200 were detected through Rapid Antigen Test from various districts, he said.
The 278 fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl reporting the highest at 167, followed by Kolasib (34) and Hnahthial (26), he said.
Seven patients have travel history, while the rest 271 were found to have locally contracted the infection.
The single-day positivity rate was 6.93 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 4,006 samples, the official said.
Up to 131 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and 147 are asymptomatic, he said. Mizoram now has 4,131 Covid-19 active cases, while 16,545 people have recovered from the virus.
The COVID-19 death toll in the state has climbed to 94 as a 73-year-old man from Kolasib district has succumbed to the infection on Thursday night.
The victim was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Thursday and died the same day while he was kept at Covid-19 holding ward in a hospital.
The state has tested over 4.88 lakh samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, over 5.1 lakh people have been vaccinated till Thursday.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves