Aizawl: At least 127 inmates of Thutak Nunpuitu Team (TNT), an orphanage and de-addiction centre in Aizawl, were among the 417 people, who tested positive for COVID-19 in Mizoram in the last 24 hours, a health official said on Thursday.
With the 127 inmates, more than 670 people from the centre have been infected with COVID-19 so far, he said. However, 527 inmates have recovered from the infection, he said.
TNT houses about 1,500 inmates.
The 417 new COVID-19 cases detected from 3,235 samples put the single-day infection rate at 12.89 per cent and pushed the state’s COVID-19 tally to 20,492, he said.
The new cases were reported from nine districts with Aizawl reporting the highest at 358, followed by Siaha and Lunglei at 24 and 11 cases, respectively.
Nineteen patients have travel history, while the remaining 398 were found to have locally contracted the infection, the official said. Ninety-two patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19 and the rest are asymptomatic.
Mizoram now has 3,957 active COVID-19 cases, while 254 people have been discharged from various COVID-19 care facilities on Thursday, taking the total recovery to 16,442.
On Wednesday, Mizoram registered the highest single-day recovery rate as 676 people were discharged from various COVID-19 care facilities after they were fully declared “recovered.”
The COVID-19 death toll in the state is 93. The state has tested 4,88,981 samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, over 5.12 lakh people have been vaccinated till Wednesday.
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves
- ‘Kanyadaan’ an outdated ritual or important custom? Alia Bhatt’s ad sparks debate
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar